OK so I have been MIA for a while now. Catching up after getting better has been complicated. AND I have some major changes that I should discuss here! While I was sick I went to the doctor and since I was new to him I went through a variety of what my abnormalities are...LOL! He ordered a series of lab tests and told me I had the flu!
Well last Thursday I went back to him for a follow up and he informed me I had dangerously high triglycerides. The high end of normal is 150 mine were 411!!!! He did reorder the lab test because he thinks the results may have been scewed by how sick I was. But either way it is likely still not normal. So the doctor said.....no more than 30gm of carbs per day NO bread, NO pasta, NO potatoes, NO sugar, basically NO simple carbs.....WOW! HE also said no more than 1522 calories per day and that I need to lose 30 pounds in the next 4-5 months. No pressure right?
So I left sad and feeling like I was facing something I could not really do. Then Karl's roommate told me about a diet he had heard about and in the last week I have taken the necessary steps to start this diet! It is personalized and based on my blood tests! Today is day 1....
It is going to be hard but my health is worth it! Wish me luck!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so sorry you've been sick! You can totally do this. And you're right, you are worth it! Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteThanks Lisa! I will keep you posted on here as to how it goes! I am super excited (and a little nervous)!
ReplyDeletewow! any new news? how goes the diet? you can do it Lara! i agree your health is worth it and you are a tough cookie! hang in and press press press through!
ReplyDelete